Your home isn’t the only thing that needs a Spring Cleaning. Here are some tips on how to clean up your mobile devices.
4. HOW TO GET ORGANIZED
Though menial and time-consuming, updating and deleting your contacts will help you with a fresh start. Maybe you have duplicate contacts created for one person that you should link. Maybe you have the phone number of a restaurant that you called to make a reservation and will never call again. Not only will this help you free-up space, but it’ll give you peace of mind the next time you’re scrolling through your phone-book.
Spend too much time scrolling and swiping through your device just to find one app?
Grouping apps together within a folder will make it easier and faster for you to find the app you’re looking for.
- iOS 11 or later: Touch and drag an app onto another app to create a folder > Tap the name folder and set a name > Press the Home Button to save
- Fun tip–you can also use emojis to name your folders.
- Android: Press and hold an app until a folder icon appears > Drag app to folder icon > Name a folder or choose an existing folder > Press OK
If you don’t like to folder your apps, you can group apps by row, column, or pages or the same theme/category.
- To arrange by frequency, place your commonly used apps on the first home screen page and place the less frequently used apps on other home screen pages.
- To improve productivity and prioritization, place important apps (calendars, reminders, work apps, mail app, etc.) on the first home screen page and place distraction apps (social media, games, etc.) on other home screen pages.
- To make your home screen aesthetically pleasing, arrange the apps by color.
- Be sure to also utilize your iPhone Dock or Favorites Tray to place apps you would like to access the most.
- iOS: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout
- Android: Menu > left soft key > Sort > check Alphabetical
Don’t like the launcher that came installed on your phone? Try a customizable third-party option from the Google Play Store to personalize your home screen and app drawer.
Getting Your Inbox to Zero
Clearing your inbox on a daily or weekly basis will not only help with your device functionality, but will help you to get organized as well.
- Create an Action folder. This is the folder you will return to if you still need to take action.
- Create an Awaiting Response folder. If you can’t move forward with something because you’re waiting for a response, this folder makes it easy to distinguish which emails you need to follow-up with.
- Folder or delete the remainder of your emails.
- Unsubscribe from any brand, product, promotional, ads, or spam emails that you no longer click on.